Top Exploratory Essay Topics: 15 Fresh Ideas
Exploratory essays are best suited for hot topics. You will be required to pick an issue, explore facts on the subject, and provide prove that your position is the most valid. To ensure that your paper is of the best quality, it must meet the following conditions.
- Has at least two sides of the same issue that can be argued
- Captures the latest research and counter arguments on the topic
- It is controversial or stirs emotions
- Contains facts and does not only rely on opinion
- It is of interest to the public
The choice of a topic can be difficult considering that you must create an original exploratory essay. Where can you find the fresh ideas?
- News items- items that make it to news headlines are definitely of interest to the public. Do not just pick a topic from news bulleting. Look for a long running topic that never seems to die and explore the contentious issues.
- Research- library materials, academic journals and books contain contrasting ideas, theories and conclusions about global issues and trends. They will provide excellent ideas for your exploratory essay.
- Consult Your Teacher- despite the teacher issuing the assignment, he is willing to assist in coming up with a topic. He will provide a range of topics for your exploratory essay or help you choose among the few you have in mind.
- Check Your Notes- essays are usually written on issues that within your academic scope. By checking your course outline, you will identify topics that you are supposed to study for the year. They will give a hint of excellent ideas for your exploratory essay.
Here is a list of fresh ideas to consider for your exploratory essay
- Is global warming hyped?
- Are developed countries responsible for growth in third world economies?
- Has technology improved or reduced human interaction?
- Does reality TV really represent reality?
- Is gene screening ethical?
- Does genuine love exist?
- Will humanity benefit from cloning?
- Should computers replace human teachers?
- Same sex parenting is as effective as conventional parenting
- Single parenthood is responsible for rising social violence
- Financial security has a direct relation to relationship stability
- The family structure needs to be redefined
- Friendship comes before love
- Most arguments start with men or women
- Women are better at pursuing than men
The best exploratory essay will be in an area you are passionate about. Find strong arguments to support your perspective. Focus more on your stand than on opposing ideas.