Looking For Impressive Topics For An Argumentative Essay: A Useful Guide
Argumentative essays are one of the most commonly assigned essay styles, which is why impressive topics are so difficult to create. Instead of rehashing the same old topic, it is time for teachers, students, and academic o
rganizations to create new, interesting topics that students will enjoy writing.
Some of the most impressive essay topic ideas are the ones that are the least expected. In many cases the essay topics are rather far-fetched. To create far-fetched, impressive topic, you look at something you enjoy and create and argument about it. Here are a few ideas:
- - Teachers should show movies that have been adapted from books instead of forcing students to read the actual book.
- - Insurance companies should include health club fees with their benefits.
- - Dress codes were created to oppress women and help men.
- - The United States should offer tax credits to families that take at least two weeks of vacation annually.
Another way to create impressive essay topics is to look at global ideas from the eye of a small community. Global issues become global issues because they affect people all over the world. However, when students write argumentative essays, they tend to only focus on the big picture. By focusing on the local view of a large issue, you look at it from a perspective that is new and impressive. Here are a few ideas:
- - Your community should create a better campaign to draw vacationers from around the world.
- - Your community should be more aware of how its pollution affects the rest of the country.
- - Small, local companies that produce products for the global economy should be more visible in the community.
- - Communities should be made aware of how they affect events going on in developing nations.
You can also create impressive topics by looking at topics that are relatively unknown to most people. These topics could be about unusual medical advances, new developments in studying space, and the latest technological developments that are not related to smart phones, tablets, and laptop computers. By arguing about topics people know little about, you will help them learn and possibly create more interest in those developing ideas. Here are some other ideas:
- - Fashion should not be taken seriously in the future.
- - Students should learn how to find online work.
- - Families should move into smaller homes rather than large homes.