Academic Writing Ideas: A Fresh Look At Narrative Essay Topics
It may be troublesome to think of a good and original topic idea for your narrative essay. That is the trouble with this type of writing; you should tell a story from your personal life, but not everyone knows what subject to choose, let alone how to come up with something fresh and extraordinary to narrate. The following ideas will help you create a particular topic for your narrative essay:
- 1. Share your past experience.
- - The funniest things that have happened to me.
- - The day I broke the rules.
- - The most disappointing experience of my life.
- - The most memorable moments from my childhood.
- - The day I survived a fire, flood, disaster, or traffic accident.
- - What will I achieve in 20 years?
- - How will I bring up my children?
- - The extreme sports I would like to try one day.
- - What would I like to be in the future?
- - The place I would like to visit this summer.
Share your dreams and plans for the future. How would your life change in 20 years?
Do you think your parents did everything right? What will be your approach towards upbringing?
What kind of sports will they be? Why? How do you think they feel like?
Describe the profession you are going to have. What would you do?
- If I turned into an animal or an object, what would my life be like?
- - If I were a teacher or president for a day, what would I do?
- - If I could live in the past, what era would I choose?
- - Meeting with aliens.
- - If I had a superhuman power, what would it be like?
Imagine that you woke up one day not being a human. Share your experience in the new role.
Pretend that now you are a teacher or president. How would you change the existing rules? What innovations would you offer?
Imagine that you lived somewhere in the past. How do you think your life could have looked like? Why would you choose this era in particular?
Imagine that you were kidnapped by aliens. What were they like?
Describe a superpower you would have. How would you use it?
- - My favorite meal.
- - My weekend traditions.
- - My secret talent.
- - Why do I love reading books?
- - How does my pet influence me?
Use one of these topic ideas to create your personal masterpiece. Or, let them inspire you and write the most original and gripping narrative essay your teacher has ever read.